Accepting their responsibilities to make the world a better place, the celebrities from the entertainment industry tries to inspire millions of their fans from time to time. Being celebrities, they are well respected, heard and followed by zillions of their fans around the globe. Several events take place each year for social causes involving the top celebrities. The latest event that took place was the Global Citizen Festival which was streamed live last night on MSNBC. The biggest highlight of the event was one of the most successful contemporary performers Beyonce, who mesmerized the audience with her impeccable performance. The annual event takes place each year in the Central Park in New York with the specific aim of eliminating the poverty and inequality corroding the world.
However, the biggest attraction of the night was Beyonce herself, who rocked the stage with impressive stamina, sexy dresses and a high voltage performance during which she performed on her hits after hits making the environment groovy. She may be leading the stage but others weren’t sidelined as well. All the performers performed harder enough to get the people go crazy and dancing to the tunes. The other prominent performer who rocked the stage alongside Beyonce was Ed Sheeran.
Here are a few highlights of the evening below.
- All EYES ON BEY- She did it again and in such impeccable style! Beyoncé certainly delivered Saturday night when she performed in front of 60,000 screaming fans for nearly an hour. “I feel so honored to be on the stage,” she explained. “So many brilliant, generous people out there. All my Global Citizens.”
From the hits including “Jumpin’ Jumpin” to more recent hits like “Love on Top,” Blue Ivy Carter’s mom was almost impossible to control as she nailed it totally. In fact, she was even able to duet with a special guest for “Drunk in Love.” “I want to bring out someone I respect so much,” she teased. Yes, it’s time for Ed Sheeran.
- Chris and Gwyneth’s Favorite Pop Star- “We could just appear as Coldplay, the English band, or we could take a moment in our set where we cross generations with someone much more talented and much more good looking and by association make us look better,” Chris Martin joked as he won the night.
- Stephen’s Mini-Me- Stephen Colbert appeared on stage looking a lot taller than he actually his and as it turned out; he was steering through the crowd on the shoulders of his good friend Hugh Jackman.
- Mother-daughter duo- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise were there and of course, made the event much more special.
- Mrs Obama- Welcomed on to the stage by Beyonce herself, Michelle Obama arrived at the event with the Vice President Joe Biden and got the limelight.
With these highlights there were many other things that made the evening so special that New Yorkers aren’t going to forget for a very long time.