Short-term Weight loss can be achieved by the means of reducing our habit of consumption of calories or by burning more calories through exercise and physical activities.
Skipping meals are also opted by most of us, but it may make you feel hungrier which may lead you to eat more than that you normally would at your next meal. It is observed that people who skip breakfast tend to be heavier than people who eat a healthy breakfast.
For Weight loss best option is to eat natural and unprocessed foods, as we are genetically adapted to eating. It has been found in research that such foods are great for health
For those who are overweight or low HDL, belly fat, high LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, , etc. all high-carb foods like dried fruit, cereals, preserves, cakes, jams, flours, bread and potato products should be restricted by them.
You should opt for low carb food. Be aware that a low-carb diet is NOT no-carb.
For people who want to maintain their weight and are physically active, can go for a range of 100-150 grams of carbs per day which is quite optimal and for people who have metabolic problems, can go under 50 grams per day.
One thing keeps in mind that, it is very dangerous if your blood sugar drops below a certain level called as hypoglycemia. If you have diabetes, consult with your doctor before reducing carbohydrate intake.
There are a few nutritional food which can help in healthy weight loss.
In case of what to eat to achieve Weight loss, following are the suggestions
- Meat: Having unprocessed meat like Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc are good for loosing weight.
Most commonly eaten Chicken has protein which helps in muscle growth and development, and help support a healthy body weight and aid Weight loss.
- Fish: Fish being healthy, fulfilling, it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients.
You can prefer eating fatty fish Salmon every week. Fish is better than chicken for Weight loss.
Fish oil along with exercise can help to reduce the abdominal fat particularly.
- Eggs: Eggs are low in calories and fat. One large egg contains just five grams of fat and 77 calories. Eating eggs for breakfast can help fight weight gain all day long.
- Vegetables: We should eat vegetables every day as it contains fiber and many nutrients which are essential for the human body.
You can have vegetables as a Weight loss snacks during the day which can be enjoyed in unlimited quantity. For example Carrots, Green salad, Beets, Green beans, tomato etc.
- Fruits: They should be consumed in moderate quantity as they also pretty high in sugar. They are rich in fiber and vitamin C.
- Nuts and Seeds: These include walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc are rich in various nutrients, however, they are very high in calories. They should be eaten in moderate quantity if weight gaining is the issue.
- Potatoes: Root vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes are healthy but rich in carbs. They must be restricted or eaten in moderation incase want to loose weight.
- Low-Fat Dairy: Low-fat dairy is the answer for getting all the nutrient from the dairy product. It is possible to cut calories, cholesterols and saturated fat, as you gradually cut down the fat in dairy product, while calcium, protein and other minerals and vitamins remain high.
Dairy product like low-fat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, and reduced-fat cheese which contain protein and calcium can help to achieve this.
Also, in terms of drinks, following are the suggestions
- Coffee: Coffee being healthy and very rich in antioxidants should be avoided late in the day as it may ruin your sleep. Also, avoid getting addictive to it.
- Tea: Tea is healthy, rich in antioxidants and as compared to coffee it has less caffeine
- Water: You should drink water throughout the day it will boost your metabolism.
Also, can start each meal with a glass of water, it will help you keep hydrated and fuller which will indirectly avoid you from overeating.
- Carbonated soda: Avoid drinks having artificial sweeteners.
Above food habits will definitely help you stay fit and healthy.